Applying to the Chemistry REU Program
Complete applications are due by Friday, March 15, 2013.
Please submit all application materials via email firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: your last name, WWU REU Application. The application file can be downloaded here. Fill out the application completely and send a scanned pdf file via email.
The following items will be required for your application, which are also listed on the application itself:
- Your cumulative GPA, which includes your grades for the Fall 2012 semester/quarter, rounded to the nearest hundredth.
- A one-page personal statement—saved as a .pdf—which
- details why you would like to participate in WWU’s Summer Chemistry REU Program
- describes any previous research experience you may have, and
- discusses your long-term career goals.
- Your unofficial transcript—saved as a .pdf—which includes final grades for all Fall 2011 courses and includes classes for which you are registered for the Spring 2012 semester.
- The name and contact information for two references who will submit letters of recommendation on your behalf. After you submit your application, have your references send their letters to the email address email@example.com with the subject line: Your last name, REU reference letter.
- Your preferred area of research (synthetic, biochemistry, materials). Descriptions of each faculty’s research may be found online at http://chem.wwu.edu/ and http://www.wwu.edu/. The following faculty are available for the Summer 2013 program:
James Vyvyan (Organic)
Gregory O’Neil (Organic)
Amanda Murphy (Organic)
John Gilbertson (Inorganic)
Brad Johnson (Physics)
Janelle Leger (Physics/Chemistry)
|2013 REU Program
June 17-August 23, 2013
March 15, 2013
(attn. Prof. Greg O’Neil) Department of Chemistry
Western Washington University
516 High St. Bellingham, WA 98225-9150
Program Info | Apply | Contact | FAQ
©2011 Western Washington University